Updated: December 15th, 2022
At the Arc of Ventura County, we strive to create and maintain an accessible and inclusive environment. We have invested a significant amount of resources to help ensure that its website is made easier to use and more accessible for people with disabilities, with the strong belief that every person has the right to live with dignity, equality, comfort and independence.
The standard we adhere to
Our goal with accessibility is to meet or exceed Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 level AA compliance. WCAG is an international and open standard developed by W3C, a leader in web standards.
Accessibility features that are set up specifically to work with assistive technology. These features:
- Semantic HTML.
- Descriptive page titles.
- Proper heading hierarchy.
- Landmark roles to describe elements and sections within pages.
- Unique and descriptive names for interactive elements.
- Skiplinks to help navigate past repeating content.
- Accessible descriptions for all non-text content.
- Titles on all embedded content.
- Use of ARIA features to assist with gaps in assistive technology support.
We rely on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
Help us get better
The world of accessibility is always changing for the better and we attempt to stay on the forefront of those changes. However, if you discover an issue with accessibility, please let us know. We take these issues seriously and pledge to fix them as fast as possible. We will also include you in the process, if desired.
You can submit an accessibility issue by:
Phone: (805) 650-8611
Fax: (805) 644-7308
Address: 5103 Walker Street
Ventura, CA 93003